What damage are you responsible for?
As a LifeX member, what you are on the hook for and what can be taken out of your deposit.
While living at LifeX properties
- You are liable to any damage due to your intentional acts or gross negligence in any of the LifeX properties
- If you break or damage something intentionally in a LifeX property- full value of replacement or repair
- Eg: holes in the wall, scratches and chips on the desk, scratches on the floor
- If you were being negligent which resulted in something breaking or being damaged- full value of replacement/ repair/ cleaning
- This includes stains on the bed/mattress, common furniture, walls or linens as a result of eating/drinking on the furniture, eg: bed.
- This also includes any damages caused while intoxicated
- If you invite someone over to a LifeX property and they cause any above damage or destroy anything- full value of replacement/repair/cleaning.
When you move out of your LifeX apartment
- You are responsible for leaving your room in the same condition that you found it
- If you paint your room- full cost of having it repainted
- If you make holes in the walls and don’t cover them properly again - full cost of covering them
- If there are any stains/rips on the bedding- the cost of getting it replaced and/or cleaned
- Leaving anything of yours in the kitchen behind when you move out- €60
- Leaving anything of yours in the bathroom behind when you move out- €60
- Leaving anything of yours in your room behind when you move out- €60
- If you lose your key - €150 for the cost of changing the locks
- Your deposit will be refunded to you when you provide proof (screenshot/receipt) of you changing your address away from LifeX.
What you are NOT responsible for
- Normal wear and tear on any furniture, equipment, machines, furnishings is covered by LifeX.
- Any accidental breakage of kitchen items that are under €30 (glasses, plates chipping, etc) since that can happen to anyone.
Please note: your deposit will only be released once you change your address away from LifeX (can be done easily online) and provide us with an account we can transfer it to.