👍 LifeX SHARE member guidelines
Below is our set of guidelines that we've observed work great to make our LifeX homes work as best as possible. We call them SHARE 😉 Hopefully, most of the rules are common sense, but it’s important that everyone is on the same page. We're constantly working on making this better and any feedback is super helpful ;)
- S - ✨ Shine: Promptly clean after yourself in the shared areas to keep them nice and shiny. It's especially important to always keep your kitchen and bathrooms as clean as possible after use (for example: there should never be any leftovers or dirty dishes in the kitchen, no hair or other leftovers in the bathrooms).
- H - 🕯 Hygge: Feel free to make your home "hyggelig". Share candle lights, warm dinners, wine and laughs with your roommates and guests.
- A - 💬 Align: Align expectations and communicate with your housemates. For example communicate about the cooking activities and let each other know when you have guests (remember: if you're cooking or have guests over please always promptly clean after yourself).
- R - 🙏 Respect: Respect each other and each other’s property. Respect each other in terms of sharing the kitchen and bathroom areas (for example: don't have too long showers at rush hour before work or make loud noise after 10PM). Always let your housemates know when you have guests over. Also please treat with respect any LifeX or cleaning staff that comes into your home.
- E - 🎉 Enjoy: Enjoy each other’s company and embrace the differences. Assume good intentions.
⛔ NO-NOs or hard rules in LifeX
Below are “hard” LifeX rules that we should all follow. In case these rules are not followed by housemates, please try to point out these rules to them and if that doesn’t help please contact LifeX via app or chat and we’ll help out.
- ✨ Cleanliness: Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink or in common areas. Also do not leave any hair, pee and other leftovers in the bathrooms or showers. This is super important as most of our members indicate cleanliness as the most important aspect of showing mutual respect in co-living.
- ⚙ Appliances: Do not run appliances after 10PM (dishwasher, washing machine, dryer).
- 📣 Noise: Be mindful of noise in the common areas after 10:30PM on weeknights and 12:00am on weekends.
- 🚭 Smoking/Drugs: No drugs or smoking inside the house.
- 🙅 Stealing: Do not steal flatmate’s or LifeX property.
- ⛺ Guests: Respect the guest rules. More info here.
- ⛔ Vacant rooms: Do not use vacant rooms not currently lived in by anyone. They always need to be in top shape and clean for the next member.
🙋 How to report a breach of these rules?
In case of consistent breaches of these rules, please contact LifeX via our app or chat. LifeX will take necessary measures to address complaints including speaking to the person filing the complaint and to the person the complaint is about, while respecting anonymity.