Almost all of the LifeX community communication happens through our Slack channels. It is therefore important to get on it. You can join the community here.
Here is a quick overview of how LifeX Slack works:
- Channels: These are marked by (#) and are different established groups, with different purposes. This can be shared hobbies, events, house channel, etc. In case you would like to start a LifeX group around a hobby you are also able to create your own channels by clicking the + sign next to “channel” in the left menu bar.
- Direct messages: Use direct messages if you want to write to people directly (kind of like Whatsapp or facebook messenger). Just click on the + next to “Direct messages”
There are a few other important things to do in Slack:
- 🌎 You'll automatically join the #general channel. This is a LifeX global channel that has members from all LifeX cities.
- 🙋 Add some details about yourself (photo, description, phone number, email) so others can get to know you.
- 🏡 Join your house channel (You click on the + sign next to the word Channel and write in the name of your apartment). Say 'Hi' to your housemates by sending them a nice message in the channel group :)
How to join city specific Slack channels:
- 🧜 Copenhagen: #cph_general, #cph_events, #cph_membermove (+ many other channels)
- 🐻 Berlin: #ber_general, #ber_events, #ber_membermove
- 🍻 Munich: #munich_general, #munich_events, #munich_membermove
- 🎠 Vienna: #vienna_general, #vienna_events, #vienna_membermove
- 🍷 Paris: #paris_general, #paris_events, #paris_membermove
- 💂 London: #lon_general, #lon_event, #lon_membermove