The minimum stay at LifeX is 3 months. You can only terminate the contract once you have stayed there for the minimum duration. If you plan to move out earlier, then we keep your last month rent (and deposit if necessary).
One month notice. You can terminate your membership with one month notice as long as it is before the end of the previous month. For example, if you would like to end January 31st, then the notice should be given before December 31st.
Contract end date. Contracts always end on the last day of month. Of course, you can move out of the apartment before the end of the month, but the contract always ends on the last day of the month to help us streamline the move-ins and -outs.
Move out date. You can set your move-out date in the LifeX app. This date will be binding and will be an indicator to the Ops team for when to clean the room. You will need to be out by 9AM on the date you have chosen as your move out date. If you need to change the date, please reach out to [email protected].
Please terminate your contract via our member app 👇
There are a few things that need to be done before moving out (and in order to get the deposit back):
- Register your move out date. You will need to terminate your contract with minimum one month notice.
- Leave the room in as perfect state as you received it. Read more here to see what you are responsible for. This means that the kitchen, fridge and bathroom shelves all need to be empty and cleaned.
- Keys. Please leave your house key in your room on your desk.
- Change of address. It is important that you de-register yourself from the LifeX apartments. Please send proof to our community manager ([email protected]). Unfortunately, the deposit cannot be returned if you don't provide this.
- Provide bank details in the app, on the contract termination screen.
Please remember: even though you are moving out, you are always welcome to join the LifeX activities or events, or simply meet up for a coffee :).