Do you offer any kind of discounts (eg. for long term stays, being from a partner company, paying all in cash)?
At the moment, we don’t offer any discounts.
Is internet included in the price?
Yes, our prices include everything from fast internet, all utilities (electricity, heating, water, gas), common shared supplies (toilet paper, soaps, cleaning supplies, coffee, tea, sugar, pepper, oil), etc.
Services seem to be missing from the contract (furnishing, cleaning, common kitchen supplies etc). Why is that?
The above LifeX services are outside of the standard Danish rental apartment agreements. That said, all rooms are of course furnished and services are provided as stated in all our communication (website, member evaluation calls). We value member experience above everything else and breaking these promises would be a basic breach of trust for us.
Under section 8 it says internal maintenance is the responsibility of the tenant. Could you please clarify whether this is correct?
This section of the contract states that the tenant is responsible for the maintenance according to the Danish law. This means that members are responsible for keeping the place tidy and respectful. Members can always contact LifeX in case there is something that needs to be fixed. We do our best to respond and fix things as fast as possible.
Is it possible to reduce the minimum stay requirement?
Unfortunately, we can’t reduce the minimum stay (3 months) requirement. It’s there both to ensure consistency of members in the community (nobody wants to live in an apartment with people constantly moving in and out) and to ensure the apartments are not treated by the municipality as short term rentals.
Is deposit refundable? I heard that in a lot of cases in Denmark landlords deduct some money from the deposit for painting and other maintenance?
Yes, in most cases we return the whole deposit amount as long as the room is left without any new damages. You can read more about the damages you’re responsible for here.
What are the contract policies?
- A signed contract is needed to hold a room. You have 48 hours to review and sign the contract - if we don't hear from you during that time we will cancel the contract and the room will be available for other interested parties.
- Membership starts on the date stated on the contract and not based on arrival dates.
- There is a 30 day cancellation notice. If you cancel less than 30 days from the contract start date, we keep your deposit. If you cancel less than 14 days before the contract start date, in addition to keeping your deposit, we will also keep half of your first month's membership.
The contract doesn't say anything about keys on the doors. - Are there keys for each private room?
The doors to private rooms don't have keys in all our Copenhagen apartments. This is a regulatory limitation for co-living apartments in Copenhagen. That said, our member guidelines strictly prohibit other members entering other's private rooms and we haven't had a single problem arising from this.
What are LifeX member guidelines (or code of conduct)?
We have a set of standard guidelines to ensure cleanliness and respectful fun community across LifeX apartments. You can read them here.
What will be on my first invoice?
The first invoice includes your first month's rent, deposit and your prepaid last month's rent.
My company is paying for (part of) my stay, how does this work?
If your company is paying for your stay at LifeX, or for a part of it, we have the possibility to send invoices to your contact person directly. However, you do remain personally responsible for the rental agreement and have to sign the contract in your name. The city requires you to register yourself on the address that you are living and for this you need a proof of residence in the shape of a rental contract in your name.
- If you are working for a LifeX partner company (ie. if you have signed up via your company’s LifeX landing page, then this means your company is partnered with LifeX and we will already have made arrangements for how invoices should be taken care of with your hiring manager/HR).
- If you don’t work for a LifeX partner company (ie. you signed up normally through our website), but still have arrangements for your company to cover part/all of your invoices, then have your manager/HR reach out to our partner manager: Sascha Ratchinsky on [email protected].