In our LifeX homes in London, we normally use gas for cooking. Therefore, it is important that members are aware of how to handle gas emergencies at home.

National Grid

National Grid owns, manages, and operates the national gas transmission network in Great Britain. On their website, you can read more about gas safety advice, carbon monoxide poisoning, and doorstep safety.

To report a gas or carbon monoxide emergency, or if a pipeline is struck (even if no gas leak has occurred), please call 0800 111 999

Did this answer your question?