Tips and methods to how to unclog sinks and drains below:
🧽How to unclog your bathroom sink:
- Fill the basin (sink) with hot water and wait to see if it unclogs slowly
- If step 1 does not work, pour 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda and a glass of vinegar in, let it sit, and repeat step 1 again.
- If step 1 and 2 does not work, place a bucket underneath the drain, unscrew the caps and rinse off any dirt in the pipes. (See picture below).
🚽How to unclog your toilet:
- Take a plunger and start plunging. Wait a few minutes and repeat.
- If you do not have a plunger available, write a ticket in the LifeX app.
🧴How to unclog your kitchen drain:
- Pour boiling hot water down the drain to soften the clog.
- Pour dish soap in the drain and repeat step 1.
- If the clog still hasn't come loose, then use a plunger and repeat steps 1 and 2.
Tip: Remember you can prevent kitchen drain clogs by keeping grease away from the pipes.
🚿How to unclog your shower drain:
- Unscrew and lift the top metal filter by using a screwdriver or a butterknife and set aside. (See picture below).
- Lift up the bucket located inside and rinse it thoroughly with hot water from the shower.
- Use gloves to remove larger clumps of hair, and throw it away in the toilet or bin.
- Rinse the bucket and place it back inside the drain.