1. How to reset your washing machine?
Try pressing the "Start/Reset" pad to reset the washing machine and wait 2 minutes.
If the problem persists, try to reset (reboot) the washing machine by unplugging the socket/turning off power to the unit at the house circuit breaker/fuse box for 30 seconds. Restore power and the washing machine might be able to function normally.
2. If there an error code appearing on the washing machine
If there is an error code that appears on the washing machine, try to google the error code (e.g. E24), washing machine/laundry machine, and the brand name. If the problem is relatively easy to fix, there should be some solutions that you can try first. Remember to always unplug your washing machine prior to beginning a repair.
3. Common washing machine problems and solutions:
Clothes smell bad after the laundry.
Try running a hot empty wash (try to use above 60 degrees celsius). You should also clean out the soap dispenser regularly, and leave the machine open for a few hours after you’ve removed the washing.
The washing machine won’t fill with water.
Make sure the door is properly closed, check that inlet hoses are clear and that the water supply is connected and functioning.
The washing machine is leaking water.
Check the connections on the hose, and the drain hose for any clogs.
The washing machine is not draining out water as it should.
You could try to unblock the washing machine pump.
1. Disconnect the power and turn off the water supply.
2. Lay a towel on the floor and unclip the pump cover.
3. Open the cap of the drain hose and release the residual water and/or replace the hose and cap afterward if necessary.
4. Unscrew the filter cap and slide it out before cleaning it.
5. Carefully clean the filter and remove any small objects/fibers/hairs
6. Check if the impeller can move freely before putting the filter cap back on
7. Start a small load washing cycle to see if the problem has been resolved.
**Drain pumps could get damaged when there is any hard object (coins, paper clips, and etc.) left in clothing bang around in a wash cycle!
*If your washing machine is from Bosch, please follow the video instruction below: https://youtu.be/2LSz1AXUlAg