TV License - Berlin
What is the TV License? Do I need to pay for it?
Melusine Grein avatar
Written by Melusine Grein
Updated over a week ago

📺 What is it?

You can also find it under of those names: Rundfunkbeitrag / ARD ZDF Deutschlandradio Beitragsservice

It's an individual contribution for citizens to help finance the news and entertainment programming produced by public broadcasters to ensure a diverse selection of high-quality programs is available for all on TV, radio and online.

💰 Does LifeX cover the cost?

We do cover the cost!

What do I do when I receive the letter?

  1. Each member who registers in Germany will receive a letter with the ADR fee.

    Which number to use depending on your address:

  2. The reference number you should use on the form to let them know this has been covered already and you do not need to pay for it is: 477522757 under LifeX Community GmbH.

  3. If you live in one of our apartments in Residenzstrasse 60, please use this reference number: 391574398 under Amalthea Residenz GmbH & Co KG.

  4. If you live in one of our apartments in Bredowstrasse 6, please use this reference number: 173610391 under Amalthea Bredow GmbH & Co. KG

  5. You can either send it back by post (at ARD ZDF Deutschlandradio Beitragsservices, 50439 Köln, DE) or do it online ( by entering the code written on the top of the page.

Here's an example of the letter:

Contact us via the chat if you're having any difficulties!

Did this answer your question?